Rajkot: Complaint against two builders for slapping I-T sleuths
Rajkot: The Income Tax department has
lodged a complaint against two builders for allegedly slapping
and abusing I-T sleuths during a search operation carried by
it recently, police said Tuesday.
Former Deputy Mayor and builder Narendra Solanki along
with another builder R P Jadeja have been booked under various
sections of IPC, they said.
Solanki along with 7-8 supporters allegedly slapped IT
Assistant commissioner Ambika Prasad Yadav, police said.
While Jadeja was booked for abusing and threatening to
kill IT officials during the searches.
The department had carried out search operations at
construction companies and found undisclosed sum amounting to
Rs 42 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"