Rajkot: Complaint against two builders for slapping I-T sleuths
Rajkot: The Income Tax department has
lodged a complaint against two builders for allegedly slapping
and abusing I-T sleuths during a search operation carried by
it recently, police said Tuesday.
Former Deputy Mayor and builder Narendra Solanki along
with another builder R P Jadeja have been booked under various
sections of IPC, they said.
Solanki along with 7-8 supporters allegedly slapped IT
Assistant commissioner Ambika Prasad Yadav, police said.
While Jadeja was booked for abusing and threatening to
kill IT officials during the searches.
The department had carried out search operations at
construction companies and found undisclosed sum amounting to
Rs 42 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam