Ramdev wants Sonia, Rahul to `clarify` on Herald loan issue
Nadiad: Yoga guru Ramdev on Saturday asked Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul to clear the air over charges that the party lent Rs 90 crore to a company that published the now-defunct National Herald newspaper.
"They (Sonia and Rahul) should come out in open and clear the air over the issue instead of clarifying through party spokespersons," he said addressing a yoga camp here.
"Political parties should not be run like private limited companies," he said referring to Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy`s charges against Sonia and Rahul Gandhi over acquisition of Associated Journals that published the newspaper to which Congress gave a loan of over Rs 90 crore.
Ramdev is campaigning against Congress by organising yoga camps across Gujarat ahead of Assembly elections slated for December.
"Congress party is like a cancer for the country. Voters in Gujarat should keep that party at bay," he said, adding, "I think people of Gujarat have decided to not let Congress raise its head in the state."
"India is lagging behind the US, China and Japan on development front due to the corrupt Congress rule and black money stashed away in foreign banks," he said.
Continuing his tirade, Ramdev said, "As Congress has forgotten the principles of Mahatma Gandhi, it will be doomed in the elections."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!