Ramdev wants Sonia, Rahul to `clarify` on Herald loan issue
Nadiad: Yoga guru Ramdev on Saturday asked Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul to clear the air over charges that the party lent Rs 90 crore to a company that published the now-defunct National Herald newspaper.
"They (Sonia and Rahul) should come out in open and clear the air over the issue instead of clarifying through party spokespersons," he said addressing a yoga camp here.
"Political parties should not be run like private limited companies," he said referring to Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy`s charges against Sonia and Rahul Gandhi over acquisition of Associated Journals that published the newspaper to which Congress gave a loan of over Rs 90 crore.
Ramdev is campaigning against Congress by organising yoga camps across Gujarat ahead of Assembly elections slated for December.
"Congress party is like a cancer for the country. Voters in Gujarat should keep that party at bay," he said, adding, "I think people of Gujarat have decided to not let Congress raise its head in the state."
"India is lagging behind the US, China and Japan on development front due to the corrupt Congress rule and black money stashed away in foreign banks," he said.
Continuing his tirade, Ramdev said, "As Congress has forgotten the principles of Mahatma Gandhi, it will be doomed in the elections."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!