Ramdev wants Sonia, Rahul to `clarify` on Herald loan issue
Nadiad: Yoga guru Ramdev on Saturday asked Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul to clear the air over charges that the party lent Rs 90 crore to a company that published the now-defunct National Herald newspaper.
"They (Sonia and Rahul) should come out in open and clear the air over the issue instead of clarifying through party spokespersons," he said addressing a yoga camp here.
"Political parties should not be run like private limited companies," he said referring to Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy`s charges against Sonia and Rahul Gandhi over acquisition of Associated Journals that published the newspaper to which Congress gave a loan of over Rs 90 crore.
Ramdev is campaigning against Congress by organising yoga camps across Gujarat ahead of Assembly elections slated for December.
"Congress party is like a cancer for the country. Voters in Gujarat should keep that party at bay," he said, adding, "I think people of Gujarat have decided to not let Congress raise its head in the state."
"India is lagging behind the US, China and Japan on development front due to the corrupt Congress rule and black money stashed away in foreign banks," he said.
Continuing his tirade, Ramdev said, "As Congress has forgotten the principles of Mahatma Gandhi, it will be doomed in the elections."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant