Rape case: Court issues non bailable warrant against Narayan Sai
Zee Media Bureau
Surat: A local court here on Tuesday issued non bailable warrant against self-styled godman Asaram’s absconding son Narayan Sai in connection with a sexual assault case filed by two sisters.
Asaram’s son has been on the run since a complaint of rape was filed against him in Surat, Gujarat on October 6. Surat Police had registered complaints filed by two sisters - one against Asaram and another against his son Sai - of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges.
Sai continues to evade law as the investigating officials are still groping in the dark and remain clueless about his whereabouts.
As per reports, the Gujarat police have so far raided as many as eleven locations in the last seventeen days in search of Narayan Sai, but the self-styled godman managed to give officials a slip every time they reached closer to arrest him.
Among the 11 locations where Narayan Sai was reportedly traced are - Jaipur, Agra, Delhi, Haryana, Chindwara, MP-Rajasthan border, Sheopur, Dhar, Ratlam, Shivani and Dharamshala.
The elder of the two sisters, in her complaint, had accused Asaram of sexual assault between 1997 and 2006 during the time she had been living in his ashram on the outskirts of Ahmedabad city.
The younger sister had filed a complaint against Sai, accusing him of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she was living in their Surat ashram. The whereabouts of Sai are not known.
A joint team of Gujarat and Bihar Police on October 18 searched an ashram in Darbhanga to nab Narayan Sai but failed to find him.
Asaram was arrested by Rajasthan Police last month for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl at his ashram near Jodhpur. He has been booked under various sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU
- Navjot Singh Sidhu takes oath as Rajya Sabha member – SEE PICS