Real development of Gujarat to begin after polls: Modi
Rajkot: Expressing confidence that the BJP would win the upcoming Assembly polls in Gujarat, Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said real development of the state would begin after the elections.
"During my ten-year long tenure as the chief minister of Gujarat, I had been busy filling the ditches created by Congress in its 45 years of rule. The real development of the state would begin from 2013," Modi said.
He was addressing a gathering in Limbdi town of Surendra Nagar district as part of his `Swami Vivekanand Yuva Vikas Yatra`.
"Congress believes in divide-and-rule policy and has done nothing, not only at the state-level, but also at the national level," Modi alleged.
"Congress has misused country`s riches. However, Gujarat was saved as the people of the state had kept Congress away from power," he said.
He also criticised the UPA government`s decision to ban export of cotton, which he said made farmers in the state suffer heavy losses.
Modi announced setting up a textile park in Surendranagar district. "The district is leading in cotton production and the state government has decided to set up a textile park here, which will create large numbers of jobs for youths."
He announced Rs 256 crore for irrigation projects in the state, of which Rs 200 crore would be spent in Halvad and Lakhtar towns and the remaining amount for the projects in Vadhvan and Chuda towns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report