Recommendations of Sachar committee will be implemented: Moily
Ahmedabad: Union Law Minister Veerappa
Moily on Saturday said the UPA government will implement all the
recommendations of the Rajendra Sachar committee on welfare
"We will implement all the recommendations of the
Sachar committee," Moily told reporters after attending a
function of American Federation of Muslims of Indian Origin
The government has identified 90 districts in the
country where the population of minority community is high and
all the programmes meant for the welfare of minorities will be
implemented in those districts, he said.
"Whatever is being done for the minorities by the
government is not charity. It is their right and privilege,"
Moily pointed out that when he was Chief Minister of
Karnataka he had introduced reservations for minorities under
the quota for backward classes.
"The experiment has been successful and is being
implemented in that state. No court has put restrictions on it
so far," the minister said.
He also warned the minority community members to
remain alert against the divisive tactics of some elements.
Speaking on the occasion, Retd Justice Sachar said
that Muslims should not feel that they are outsiders as they
have been living in this country for hundreds of years.
"It is wrong to say that the Muslims students do not
have the capacity to enter higher education institutes. Those
who have entered UPSC, IIMs and IITs have done well," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway