Relief operations on in Bharuch as water recedes: Collector
Ahmedabad: Cleaning and relief operations were underway at various villages of Bharuch district and parts of the old city after flood waters began receding quickly, a senior district official said here on Tuesday.
"The water has started receding quickly. In fact, in Bharuch old city, flood waters have receded completely. Cleaning operations are on in all villages," Bharuch collector Avantika Singh said.
"Surat Municipal Corporation and Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) have also lent their support in relief operations. Medical and veterinary teams, a survey has been undertaken to assess damages, in order to ensure immediate relocation of people back to their respective homes," Singh said.
She said that one unidentified body was recovered today from Ankleshwar city. In all, 17,000 people, who had been shifted to safer places, may be relocated back to their homes by tomorrow evening, she said, adding that a large number of people have already gone back to their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs