Relief operations on in Bharuch as water recedes: Collector
Ahmedabad: Cleaning and relief operations were underway at various villages of Bharuch district and parts of the old city after flood waters began receding quickly, a senior district official said here on Tuesday.
"The water has started receding quickly. In fact, in Bharuch old city, flood waters have receded completely. Cleaning operations are on in all villages," Bharuch collector Avantika Singh said.
"Surat Municipal Corporation and Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) have also lent their support in relief operations. Medical and veterinary teams, a survey has been undertaken to assess damages, in order to ensure immediate relocation of people back to their respective homes," Singh said.
She said that one unidentified body was recovered today from Ankleshwar city. In all, 17,000 people, who had been shifted to safer places, may be relocated back to their homes by tomorrow evening, she said, adding that a large number of people have already gone back to their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble