Relief operations on in Bharuch as water recedes: Collector
Ahmedabad: Cleaning and relief operations were underway at various villages of Bharuch district and parts of the old city after flood waters began receding quickly, a senior district official said here on Tuesday.
"The water has started receding quickly. In fact, in Bharuch old city, flood waters have receded completely. Cleaning operations are on in all villages," Bharuch collector Avantika Singh said.
"Surat Municipal Corporation and Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) have also lent their support in relief operations. Medical and veterinary teams, a survey has been undertaken to assess damages, in order to ensure immediate relocation of people back to their respective homes," Singh said.
She said that one unidentified body was recovered today from Ankleshwar city. In all, 17,000 people, who had been shifted to safer places, may be relocated back to their homes by tomorrow evening, she said, adding that a large number of people have already gone back to their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Katrina Kaif names her best friend and it’s NOT Salman Khan – Details inside
- Fox News chief Ailes resigns after sexual harassment claims
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Is this the worst ball ever bowled in international cricket?
- Sensex recovers 54 points in early trade on corporate earnings
- Christine Lagarde says global growth forecast revised downward on Brexit