Reply Cong`s step-motherly treatment of Guj via ballot: Modi
Surat: People of Gujarat should give an appropriate reply through ballot to the Congress, which is in power in the Centre, for its "step-motherly treatment" towards the state, Chief Minister Narendra said on Friday.
"The Centre has always given step-motherly treatment to Gujarat. People should give an answer to the Congress ruling at the Centre by ballot paper," Modi said addressing party
workers here, ahead of the polls in six municipal corporations on October 10.
The Centre has been taking away huge amount of money from Gujarat in the form of various taxes but is not returning the same for development of the state, he alleged. Attacking the Congress on the issue of alleged corruption in the Delhi Commonwealth Games, Modi said, "People should ask the ruling party whether this is a `Commonwealth Games or Congresswealth Games`".
Referring to the controversy regarding submission of nomination forms by Congress nominees for the municipal polls, Modi said, "Recently the Congress leadership forgot to submit form B of mandate, given to its candidates, to the state election commission as all the state party leaders are busy in conducting the affairs of CBI".
"They are not interested in looking into things like submitting proper nomination forms for their candidates. Forthem it is CBI `Zindabad`," Modi said. The BJP had alleged that Congress candidates had not properly filled their nomination forms, which were later
accepted by the Election Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America