Rift between RSS, Narendra Modi in the open?
Ahmedabad: Despite presence of top RSS leaders in Gujarat over the last two days to discuss future strategy of the Sangh Parivar, no meeting took place between them and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi fuelling speculation here, that all is not well.
About 60 senior RSS functionaries met at Kayavarohan near Vadodara on September 8 and 9 at a crucial meeting which is held only once in two to three years and discussed various issues, including 2014 general elections, RSS sources said.
RSS top leaders including Mohan Bhagwat and others spent two days at Kayavarohan which is about 100 kms from the state capital of Gandhinagar but still there was no meeting held between Modi and them, sources said.
RSS Gujarat prachar pramukh (media head) Pradeep Jain said, "This was (meeting at Kayavarohan) totally a RSS function for which only top leadership of the organisation was invited. Nobody else was invited."
"There was a request for a meeting from the side of Chief Minister but it was politely denied," RSS sources said.
Modi, of late, is increasingly facing heat from Sangh Parivar outfits. VHP had issued statements criticising Modi government for its handling of the 2002 riots cases.
RSS is also not happy with Modi as he had tried to stall the parent organisation`s effort to strike a compromise between him and former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel.
Top RSS functionary Suresh Soni in a secret operation had come to Ahmedabad before Patel announced formation of his own party -- Gujarat Parivartan Party.
Soni had a series of meetings with Patel and Modi separately and tried to persuade them to strike a compromise but the attempt did not succeed, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof