Robbers strike at Surat bank, flee with Rs 25 lakh
Surat: Three unidentified men on Monday looted
Rs 25 lakh at the gun-point from the branch of a nationalised
bank in Puna area of the city on Monday.
The three robbers arrived at Puna branch of Dena
Bank, near Charoli check post on the Puna-Kumbharia road, in
an auto-rickshaw, police said.
They were armed with revolvers. After entering, they
gathered eight-to-nine staff-members and locked them up
in the toilet.
After that, they took the cash of Rs 24 lakh from the
cashier`s cabin, and snatched Rs one lakh from a customer,
before escaping in the auto-rickshaw, police said.
Nobody was hurt. Police probe is on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference