Robbers strike at Surat bank, flee with Rs 25 lakh
Surat: Three unidentified men on Monday looted
Rs 25 lakh at the gun-point from the branch of a nationalised
bank in Puna area of the city on Monday.
The three robbers arrived at Puna branch of Dena
Bank, near Charoli check post on the Puna-Kumbharia road, in
an auto-rickshaw, police said.
They were armed with revolvers. After entering, they
gathered eight-to-nine staff-members and locked them up
in the toilet.
After that, they took the cash of Rs 24 lakh from the
cashier`s cabin, and snatched Rs one lakh from a customer,
before escaping in the auto-rickshaw, police said.
Nobody was hurt. Police probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt