Robbers strike at Surat bank, flee with Rs 25 lakh
Surat: Three unidentified men on Monday looted
Rs 25 lakh at the gun-point from the branch of a nationalised
bank in Puna area of the city on Monday.
The three robbers arrived at Puna branch of Dena
Bank, near Charoli check post on the Puna-Kumbharia road, in
an auto-rickshaw, police said.
They were armed with revolvers. After entering, they
gathered eight-to-nine staff-members and locked them up
in the toilet.
After that, they took the cash of Rs 24 lakh from the
cashier`s cabin, and snatched Rs one lakh from a customer,
before escaping in the auto-rickshaw, police said.
Nobody was hurt. Police probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!