Robbers strike at Surat bank, flee with Rs 25 lakh
Surat: Three unidentified men on Monday looted
Rs 25 lakh at the gun-point from the branch of a nationalised
bank in Puna area of the city on Monday.
The three robbers arrived at Puna branch of Dena
Bank, near Charoli check post on the Puna-Kumbharia road, in
an auto-rickshaw, police said.
They were armed with revolvers. After entering, they
gathered eight-to-nine staff-members and locked them up
in the toilet.
After that, they took the cash of Rs 24 lakh from the
cashier`s cabin, and snatched Rs one lakh from a customer,
before escaping in the auto-rickshaw, police said.
Nobody was hurt. Police probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Two more arrested over links with Nice attacker
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for 'Kabali' success with THIS sweetest gesture! - Details inside
- Delhi court bails out Kejriwal ex-aide Rajendra Kumar
- ASUS ZenFone 3 Deluxe gets new Snapdragon 821 processor
- China to chart Communist Party future amid crackdowns