Rs 500 cr earmarked for Metro Rail in Ahmedabad
Gandhinagar: A budgetary provision of Rs 500 crore has been made for the Metro rail project in Ahmedabad for 2012-13, the state Assembly was informed on Thursday.
"A budgetary provision of Rs 500 crore has been made for the next fiscal against Rs 50 crore in 2011-12 for the Metro rail, which is proposed to cover 45 km route in first phase,"
Urban Development Minister Nitin Patel told the house.
Expressing concern over the slow progress of the project, Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil asked the Minister about the measures being taken to speed up the project.
Replying to his query, Patel said the Rs 15,000 crore Metro rail project was conceptualised by the state government in 2005 and accepted by the Centre in 2006. "Since the project
involves state-of-the-art technology and there were many technicalities, the government was evaluating its various facets," Patel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state