Rs 500 cr earmarked for Metro Rail in Ahmedabad
Gandhinagar: A budgetary provision of Rs 500 crore has been made for the Metro rail project in Ahmedabad for 2012-13, the state Assembly was informed on Thursday.
"A budgetary provision of Rs 500 crore has been made for the next fiscal against Rs 50 crore in 2011-12 for the Metro rail, which is proposed to cover 45 km route in first phase,"
Urban Development Minister Nitin Patel told the house.
Expressing concern over the slow progress of the project, Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil asked the Minister about the measures being taken to speed up the project.
Replying to his query, Patel said the Rs 15,000 crore Metro rail project was conceptualised by the state government in 2005 and accepted by the Centre in 2006. "Since the project
involves state-of-the-art technology and there were many technicalities, the government was evaluating its various facets," Patel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning