Rs 500 cr earmarked for Metro Rail in Ahmedabad
Gandhinagar: A budgetary provision of Rs 500 crore has been made for the Metro rail project in Ahmedabad for 2012-13, the state Assembly was informed on Thursday.
"A budgetary provision of Rs 500 crore has been made for the next fiscal against Rs 50 crore in 2011-12 for the Metro rail, which is proposed to cover 45 km route in first phase,"
Urban Development Minister Nitin Patel told the house.
Expressing concern over the slow progress of the project, Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil asked the Minister about the measures being taken to speed up the project.
Replying to his query, Patel said the Rs 15,000 crore Metro rail project was conceptualised by the state government in 2005 and accepted by the Centre in 2006. "Since the project
involves state-of-the-art technology and there were many technicalities, the government was evaluating its various facets," Patel added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview