RSS chief to address gathering of erstwhile royalty in Gujarat
Vadodara: Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat will address a conclave of the rulers of erstwhile princely states of Gujarat and Rajasthan, to be held here on April 01.
"About 100 erstwhile rulers are expected to attend the convention, and will seek guidance from Bhagwat on what role can they play in meeting the challenges being faced by the country today", chief organiser of the "Samast Gujarat Rajput Samaj", Jayendrasinh Jadeja told reporters today.
The royalty will gather the umbrella of the Samaj and discuss on contemporary challenges, Jadeja said.
Jadeja, however, evaded direct reply to the question whether the timing of the event was a bid to raise the Hindutva campaign ahead of the 2014 general elections, saying "RSS is a non-political organisation".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars