RSS chief to address gathering of erstwhile royalty in Gujarat
Vadodara: Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat will address a conclave of the rulers of erstwhile princely states of Gujarat and Rajasthan, to be held here on April 01.
"About 100 erstwhile rulers are expected to attend the convention, and will seek guidance from Bhagwat on what role can they play in meeting the challenges being faced by the country today", chief organiser of the "Samast Gujarat Rajput Samaj", Jayendrasinh Jadeja told reporters today.
The royalty will gather the umbrella of the Samaj and discuss on contemporary challenges, Jadeja said.
Jadeja, however, evaded direct reply to the question whether the timing of the event was a bid to raise the Hindutva campaign ahead of the 2014 general elections, saying "RSS is a non-political organisation".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman