RSS chief to address gathering of erstwhile royalty in Gujarat
Vadodara: Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat will address a conclave of the rulers of erstwhile princely states of Gujarat and Rajasthan, to be held here on April 01.
"About 100 erstwhile rulers are expected to attend the convention, and will seek guidance from Bhagwat on what role can they play in meeting the challenges being faced by the country today", chief organiser of the "Samast Gujarat Rajput Samaj", Jayendrasinh Jadeja told reporters today.
The royalty will gather the umbrella of the Samaj and discuss on contemporary challenges, Jadeja said.
Jadeja, however, evaded direct reply to the question whether the timing of the event was a bid to raise the Hindutva campaign ahead of the 2014 general elections, saying "RSS is a non-political organisation".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region