RSS leader files complaint against Sidhu for remarks against Keshubhai
Rajkot: Senior RSS leader Pravin Maniar has lodged a complaint against former cricketer and BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu with the Election Commission as well as the local police for his remarks against Gujarat Parivartan Party leader Keshubhai Patel.
Campaigning for BJP MLA Kanubhai Bhalala in Visavadar constituency recently, Sidhu had termed Keshubhai as a "traitor" and said that giving vote to him was like eating `beef`.
Maniar, a close aide of Keshubhai, said in a complaint filed with the city police commissioner H P Singh that Sidhu has hurt sentiments of lakhs of Hindus by making such remarks against Patel.
In a separate complaint filed with the Election Commission, he said that Sidhu has violated election code of conduct and action should be taken against him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents