RSS leader files complaint against Sidhu for remarks against Keshubhai
Rajkot: Senior RSS leader Pravin Maniar has lodged a complaint against former cricketer and BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu with the Election Commission as well as the local police for his remarks against Gujarat Parivartan Party leader Keshubhai Patel.
Campaigning for BJP MLA Kanubhai Bhalala in Visavadar constituency recently, Sidhu had termed Keshubhai as a "traitor" and said that giving vote to him was like eating `beef`.
Maniar, a close aide of Keshubhai, said in a complaint filed with the city police commissioner H P Singh that Sidhu has hurt sentiments of lakhs of Hindus by making such remarks against Patel.
In a separate complaint filed with the Election Commission, he said that Sidhu has violated election code of conduct and action should be taken against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa