RSS leader files complaint against Sidhu for remarks against Keshubhai
Rajkot: Senior RSS leader Pravin Maniar has lodged a complaint against former cricketer and BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu with the Election Commission as well as the local police for his remarks against Gujarat Parivartan Party leader Keshubhai Patel.
Campaigning for BJP MLA Kanubhai Bhalala in Visavadar constituency recently, Sidhu had termed Keshubhai as a "traitor" and said that giving vote to him was like eating `beef`.
Maniar, a close aide of Keshubhai, said in a complaint filed with the city police commissioner H P Singh that Sidhu has hurt sentiments of lakhs of Hindus by making such remarks against Patel.
In a separate complaint filed with the Election Commission, he said that Sidhu has violated election code of conduct and action should be taken against him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India