RSS leader files complaint against Sidhu for remarks against Keshubhai
Rajkot: Senior RSS leader Pravin Maniar has lodged a complaint against former cricketer and BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu with the Election Commission as well as the local police for his remarks against Gujarat Parivartan Party leader Keshubhai Patel.
Campaigning for BJP MLA Kanubhai Bhalala in Visavadar constituency recently, Sidhu had termed Keshubhai as a "traitor" and said that giving vote to him was like eating `beef`.
Maniar, a close aide of Keshubhai, said in a complaint filed with the city police commissioner H P Singh that Sidhu has hurt sentiments of lakhs of Hindus by making such remarks against Patel.
In a separate complaint filed with the Election Commission, he said that Sidhu has violated election code of conduct and action should be taken against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation