RSS leader files complaint against Sidhu for remarks against Keshubhai
Rajkot: Senior RSS leader Pravin Maniar has lodged a complaint against former cricketer and BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu with the Election Commission as well as the local police for his remarks against Gujarat Parivartan Party leader Keshubhai Patel.
Campaigning for BJP MLA Kanubhai Bhalala in Visavadar constituency recently, Sidhu had termed Keshubhai as a "traitor" and said that giving vote to him was like eating `beef`.
Maniar, a close aide of Keshubhai, said in a complaint filed with the city police commissioner H P Singh that Sidhu has hurt sentiments of lakhs of Hindus by making such remarks against Patel.
In a separate complaint filed with the Election Commission, he said that Sidhu has violated election code of conduct and action should be taken against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued