RSS not involved on PM candidate issue: Narendra Modi
Nagpur: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday met RSS top brass including its chief Mohan Bhagwat but brushed aside suggestions that the issue of projecting him as prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections was discussed.
"RSS does not get involved in such things," Modi told reporters after the “fruitful” meeting at RSS headquarters here. He was replying to a query on the possibility of his being projected as the prime ministerial candidate.
"I was here after a long time to meet RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, general secretaries Bhayyaji Joshi and Suresh Soni and held cordial discussions with them on various issues," the Chief Minister, who is facing Assembly Elections in Gujarat in December, said.
Modi came to the city on a special aircraft and left immediately after the meeting.
The Gujarat Chief Minister`s visit comes in the backdrop of BJP MP Ram Jethmalani suggesting that Modi should be projected as the party`s Prime Ministerial candidate for the Lok Sabha polls.
However, the BJP downplayed the meeting, saying it was a "courtesy" call and no "political meaning" should be read into it.
"Narendra Modi or other senior leaders of the party... they keep meeting RSS leaders as courtesy.... This meeting should be looked on those lines only and seeing it more than that or reading any political meaning into it will not be right," BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced