RTI activist Jethwa`s killer brought to Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Crime branch officials on Sunday brought Sailesh Pandya, accused of killing RTI activist Amit Jethwa, to the city from Mumbai.
The 36-year-old shooter, who had allegedly shot dead Jethwa here in July, was arrested in Mumbai on Tuesday last for possessing illegal firearms.
Jethwa was killed a few days after he filed a public interest litigation against illegal mining in the protected Gir sanctuary in Junagadh district.
So far, police have arrested six persons in the case including Pratap alias Shiva Solanki, nephew of BJP MP from Junagadh Dinu Solanki and police constable Bahadursinh Vadher.
Solanki and Vadher conspired to eliminate Jethwa, as his activism was damaging their mining business, police said, adding the contract to kill Jethwa was given to Sailesh Pandya, who had shot the RTI activist at point blank range in front of Gujarat High Court here in July.
Pandya, a former teacher, also faces an attempt to murder case in Patan, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical