RTI activist Jethwa`s killer brought to Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Crime branch officials on Sunday brought Sailesh Pandya, accused of killing RTI activist Amit Jethwa, to the city from Mumbai.
The 36-year-old shooter, who had allegedly shot dead Jethwa here in July, was arrested in Mumbai on Tuesday last for possessing illegal firearms.
Jethwa was killed a few days after he filed a public interest litigation against illegal mining in the protected Gir sanctuary in Junagadh district.
So far, police have arrested six persons in the case including Pratap alias Shiva Solanki, nephew of BJP MP from Junagadh Dinu Solanki and police constable Bahadursinh Vadher.
Solanki and Vadher conspired to eliminate Jethwa, as his activism was damaging their mining business, police said, adding the contract to kill Jethwa was given to Sailesh Pandya, who had shot the RTI activist at point blank range in front of Gujarat High Court here in July.
Pandya, a former teacher, also faces an attempt to murder case in Patan, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened