Rumours about US delegation`s meet with Modi motivated: BJP VC
New Delhi: Delhi BJP Vice-President Vijay Jolly today claimed the meeting of US Congressmen with Narendra Modi was not sponsored and those spreading such rumours were "jealous" of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"The trip hasn`t been sponsored by either BJP or Gujarat government. These rumours are being spread by our opposition parties which are feeling jealous that Modi`s good governance mantra is admired by foreign countries also," Vijay Jolly, BJP`s Overseas Cell Convenor, said.
He had accompanied the US Congressmen who visited Gurudwara Bangla Sahib here.
The delegation includes three Congressmen -- Aaron Schock, Cynthia Lummis and Cathy M Rodgers-- and some other businessmen.
Jolly claimed the US delegates have assured him that they will talk to their government and try to convince them on providing American visa to Modi. "I am looking forward towards doing business here in India, especially Gujarat.
Modi cares about his people. There are people from different religions in Gujarat who are prospering under him", said Stern Shrerer, a businessmen in the delegation. He said he has paid for his trip.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India