Rumours about US delegation`s meet with Modi motivated: BJP VC
New Delhi: Delhi BJP Vice-President Vijay Jolly today claimed the meeting of US Congressmen with Narendra Modi was not sponsored and those spreading such rumours were "jealous" of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"The trip hasn`t been sponsored by either BJP or Gujarat government. These rumours are being spread by our opposition parties which are feeling jealous that Modi`s good governance mantra is admired by foreign countries also," Vijay Jolly, BJP`s Overseas Cell Convenor, said.
He had accompanied the US Congressmen who visited Gurudwara Bangla Sahib here.
The delegation includes three Congressmen -- Aaron Schock, Cynthia Lummis and Cathy M Rodgers-- and some other businessmen.
Jolly claimed the US delegates have assured him that they will talk to their government and try to convince them on providing American visa to Modi. "I am looking forward towards doing business here in India, especially Gujarat.
Modi cares about his people. There are people from different religions in Gujarat who are prospering under him", said Stern Shrerer, a businessmen in the delegation. He said he has paid for his trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah