Rural dev agencies from states recruit 30 pc batch
Ahmedabad: About 30 per cent of candidates from Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) have been recruited by different rural development agencies of states like Bihar, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra this year, the institute said.
"About 50 organisations from sectors as varied as dairy, finance, rural livelihoods and agribusiness came up with over 200 job offers for the Post Graduate Programme in Rural Management (PRM) 32nd batch of 97 candidates," an official communique said on Tuesday.
Among the prominent recruiters this year included Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF), Bihar Rural Livelihoods Promotion Society (BRLPS), Kudumbashree (State Poverty Eradication Mission, Kerala), Yes Bank, Magma Fincorp, and Kancor Ingredients.
"Different rural development agencies of governments of Bihar, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra together have employed almost 30 percent of the whole batch," the institute statement said.
The co-operatives and other associated organisations have employed another close to 25 per cent students of the batch. The other prominent employing sectors include finance (20 per cent) and agribusiness (10 per cent), it said.
Almost all students were placed by the end of the second day of the placement week, the statement said.
A relatively large number of students this year have shown preference for the hard core rural development sectors, reflecting their moral dedication, which is at core of IRMA`s rationale, an institute official said.
IRMA will provide fellowships to the students who have joined producers` organisations and non-profit development organisations with salaries below a threshold level, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!