Sabarmati Jail tunnel case: Police get custody of five accused
Ahmedabad: A magistrate`s court here on Thursday remanded the five accused of Ahmedabad serial blast case to police custody till March 5 in connection with the unsuccessful jail-break conspiracy at Sabarmati Central Jail.
Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) today produced the accused before the Metropolitan Magistrate B J Ganatra and sought a 14-day remand.
DCB said it wanted to find out if the accused had planned to flee to Pakistan after escaping, and who were providing them support from outside the jail, besides the details of tunnel-digging, such as the instruments they had used.
DCB, yesterday, had taken into custody Shaduli Abdul Kalim, Shibli Abdul Kalim, Zahid Sheikh, Nasir Patel and Hafiz Mulla from Sabarmati Jail.
A daring escape plan came to light on February 10 when the authorities stumbled upon a 16-feet deep and 26-feet long tunnel inside barrack No 4 of Sabarmati Jail, where 14 of the 68 Ahmedabad serial blasts case accused were lodged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'