Sabarmati Jail tunnel case: Police get custody of five accused
Ahmedabad: A magistrate`s court here on Thursday remanded the five accused of Ahmedabad serial blast case to police custody till March 5 in connection with the unsuccessful jail-break conspiracy at Sabarmati Central Jail.
Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) today produced the accused before the Metropolitan Magistrate B J Ganatra and sought a 14-day remand.
DCB said it wanted to find out if the accused had planned to flee to Pakistan after escaping, and who were providing them support from outside the jail, besides the details of tunnel-digging, such as the instruments they had used.
DCB, yesterday, had taken into custody Shaduli Abdul Kalim, Shibli Abdul Kalim, Zahid Sheikh, Nasir Patel and Hafiz Mulla from Sabarmati Jail.
A daring escape plan came to light on February 10 when the authorities stumbled upon a 16-feet deep and 26-feet long tunnel inside barrack No 4 of Sabarmati Jail, where 14 of the 68 Ahmedabad serial blasts case accused were lodged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!