Sabarmati Jail tunnel case: Police get custody of five accused
Ahmedabad: A magistrate`s court here on Thursday remanded the five accused of Ahmedabad serial blast case to police custody till March 5 in connection with the unsuccessful jail-break conspiracy at Sabarmati Central Jail.
Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) today produced the accused before the Metropolitan Magistrate B J Ganatra and sought a 14-day remand.
DCB said it wanted to find out if the accused had planned to flee to Pakistan after escaping, and who were providing them support from outside the jail, besides the details of tunnel-digging, such as the instruments they had used.
DCB, yesterday, had taken into custody Shaduli Abdul Kalim, Shibli Abdul Kalim, Zahid Sheikh, Nasir Patel and Hafiz Mulla from Sabarmati Jail.
A daring escape plan came to light on February 10 when the authorities stumbled upon a 16-feet deep and 26-feet long tunnel inside barrack No 4 of Sabarmati Jail, where 14 of the 68 Ahmedabad serial blasts case accused were lodged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?