Sabarmati Jail tunnel case: Police get custody of five accused
Ahmedabad: A magistrate`s court here on Thursday remanded the five accused of Ahmedabad serial blast case to police custody till March 5 in connection with the unsuccessful jail-break conspiracy at Sabarmati Central Jail.
Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) today produced the accused before the Metropolitan Magistrate B J Ganatra and sought a 14-day remand.
DCB said it wanted to find out if the accused had planned to flee to Pakistan after escaping, and who were providing them support from outside the jail, besides the details of tunnel-digging, such as the instruments they had used.
DCB, yesterday, had taken into custody Shaduli Abdul Kalim, Shibli Abdul Kalim, Zahid Sheikh, Nasir Patel and Hafiz Mulla from Sabarmati Jail.
A daring escape plan came to light on February 10 when the authorities stumbled upon a 16-feet deep and 26-feet long tunnel inside barrack No 4 of Sabarmati Jail, where 14 of the 68 Ahmedabad serial blasts case accused were lodged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya