Sabarmati jailbreak bid: Chargesheet filed against 24 accused
Ahmedabad: City Crime Branch on Saturday filed a chargesheet against 24 persons, all of whom are under trials in 2008 Ahmedabad serial blasts case, in connection with the Sabarmati jail break attempt case, in a magistrate court here.
The accused had dug a 213-feet long tunnel from Chhota Chakkar area of the Sabarmati central jail, which had come to the notice of the prison authorities on February 11.
The chargesheet was filed in the court of metropolitan magistrate B J Ganatra.
Some of the main accused who have been charge sheeted in the case include, Safdar Nagori, Qayamuddin Kapadiya, Abbas Sameja, Mohammad Sajid Mansuri, Zisah Sheikh, Mohammad Ali, Mohamad Saif, Razuddin Nasar and Shibli Abdul Karim.
The accused have been charged under IPC Sections 130 (aiding escape of state prisoners), 225 (resistance or obstruction to lawful apprehension of another person) and 120 B (criminal conspiracy).
All the accused have also been charged under Prison Act of 1894 under sections 42 (prohibition for introduction/ removal of prohibited articles into or from prison and communication with prisoners) and 45 (wilful disobedience to any regulation of the prison).
Police have listed 14 under trials living in barrack number four as the main culprits for the escape bid, while ten others have been shown as their helpers.
The chargesheet, which runs into around 300 pages, has listed 169 witnesses, including 20 jail inmates and many police officers, apart from inquest witness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Check uaresults.nic.in for Uttarakhand Board Class 12 result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes