Sabarmati jailbreak bid: Chargesheet filed against 24 accused
Ahmedabad: City Crime Branch on Saturday filed a chargesheet against 24 persons, all of whom are under trials in 2008 Ahmedabad serial blasts case, in connection with the Sabarmati jail break attempt case, in a magistrate court here.
The accused had dug a 213-feet long tunnel from Chhota Chakkar area of the Sabarmati central jail, which had come to the notice of the prison authorities on February 11.
The chargesheet was filed in the court of metropolitan magistrate B J Ganatra.
Some of the main accused who have been charge sheeted in the case include, Safdar Nagori, Qayamuddin Kapadiya, Abbas Sameja, Mohammad Sajid Mansuri, Zisah Sheikh, Mohammad Ali, Mohamad Saif, Razuddin Nasar and Shibli Abdul Karim.
The accused have been charged under IPC Sections 130 (aiding escape of state prisoners), 225 (resistance or obstruction to lawful apprehension of another person) and 120 B (criminal conspiracy).
All the accused have also been charged under Prison Act of 1894 under sections 42 (prohibition for introduction/ removal of prohibited articles into or from prison and communication with prisoners) and 45 (wilful disobedience to any regulation of the prison).
Police have listed 14 under trials living in barrack number four as the main culprits for the escape bid, while ten others have been shown as their helpers.
The chargesheet, which runs into around 300 pages, has listed 169 witnesses, including 20 jail inmates and many police officers, apart from inquest witness.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'