Sadbhavna mission: Modi to observe fast in Dwarka
Rajkot (Guj): In a bid to take to the
next level his "sadbhavna mission", Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi would observe a day-long fast in famous Dwarka
town in coastal Jamnagar district on Sunday.
Modi, who observed a three-day fast in Ahmedabad last
month, had announced that in order to strengthen peace and
harmony, he would undertake fast in every district of the
state under "sadbhavna mission".
Modi would begin his fast at around 10:15 am with a
prayer and interact with leaders of various sects, Jamnagar
Collector Sandeep Kumar said.
Nearly ten thousand people are expected to join the
fast, he said, adding various programmes would be held to mark
Meanwhile, Congress MP Vikram Madam has also decided
to hold a parallel fast on the same day.
However, the venue of his fast is not yet finalised as
the district authorities have not granted him permission over
the choice of place where he wants to observe fast.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane