Sadbhavna mission: Modi to observe fast in Dwarka
Rajkot (Guj): In a bid to take to the
next level his "sadbhavna mission", Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi would observe a day-long fast in famous Dwarka
town in coastal Jamnagar district on Sunday.
Modi, who observed a three-day fast in Ahmedabad last
month, had announced that in order to strengthen peace and
harmony, he would undertake fast in every district of the
state under "sadbhavna mission".
Modi would begin his fast at around 10:15 am with a
prayer and interact with leaders of various sects, Jamnagar
Collector Sandeep Kumar said.
Nearly ten thousand people are expected to join the
fast, he said, adding various programmes would be held to mark
Meanwhile, Congress MP Vikram Madam has also decided
to hold a parallel fast on the same day.
However, the venue of his fast is not yet finalised as
the district authorities have not granted him permission over
the choice of place where he wants to observe fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?