Sadbhavna mission: Modi to observe fast in Dwarka
Rajkot (Guj): In a bid to take to the
next level his "sadbhavna mission", Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi would observe a day-long fast in famous Dwarka
town in coastal Jamnagar district on Sunday.
Modi, who observed a three-day fast in Ahmedabad last
month, had announced that in order to strengthen peace and
harmony, he would undertake fast in every district of the
state under "sadbhavna mission".
Modi would begin his fast at around 10:15 am with a
prayer and interact with leaders of various sects, Jamnagar
Collector Sandeep Kumar said.
Nearly ten thousand people are expected to join the
fast, he said, adding various programmes would be held to mark
Meanwhile, Congress MP Vikram Madam has also decided
to hold a parallel fast on the same day.
However, the venue of his fast is not yet finalised as
the district authorities have not granted him permission over
the choice of place where he wants to observe fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack