Sadbhavna mission: Modi to observe fast today
Vadodara: Taking his `Sadbhavna` mission further, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will observe a one-day fast at Navsari town on Thursday.
Under the mission which is aimed at propagating peace and harmony, Modi will be observing a series of fasts at 26 districts in future.
Modi, who had observed a three-day fast in Ahmedabad last month, also undertook a day-long fast on Sunday at the temple town of Dwarka in coastal Jamnagar district.
The Chief Minister will tomorrow visit an exhibition depicting development of Gujarat in all fields in the last decade, at the venue of the fast, organisers said.
A series of programmes like `maha aarti`, blood donation camps, besides drawing, essay and painting competitions has been held in the entire district for the past few days to mark the event, they said.
BJP MP CR Patil is overseeing preparations for the event in which thousands of party workers are likely to participate.
Modi will inaugurate a painting exhibition at Tata Hall today and address a meeting.
He will also address ministers and officials of the district at Navsari Circuit House, organisers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1