Sadbhavna mission: Modi to observe fast today
Vadodara: Taking his `Sadbhavna` mission further, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will observe a one-day fast at Navsari town on Thursday.
Under the mission which is aimed at propagating peace and harmony, Modi will be observing a series of fasts at 26 districts in future.
Modi, who had observed a three-day fast in Ahmedabad last month, also undertook a day-long fast on Sunday at the temple town of Dwarka in coastal Jamnagar district.
The Chief Minister will tomorrow visit an exhibition depicting development of Gujarat in all fields in the last decade, at the venue of the fast, organisers said.
A series of programmes like `maha aarti`, blood donation camps, besides drawing, essay and painting competitions has been held in the entire district for the past few days to mark the event, they said.
BJP MP CR Patil is overseeing preparations for the event in which thousands of party workers are likely to participate.
Modi will inaugurate a painting exhibition at Tata Hall today and address a meeting.
He will also address ministers and officials of the district at Navsari Circuit House, organisers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened