Samajwadi Party fields Lok Sabha candidates in Gujarat
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party (SP) has fielded 10 candidates for the Lok Sabha election in Gujarat.
Party leaders said that other than trying to expand its base across the country, the move is meant to "give it back" to BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi who is also Gujarat`s Chief Minister.
Modi has been eyeing the 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh.
The party has fielded candidates from Banaskantha, Patan, Porbandar, Jamnagar, Junagarh, Kheda, Dahod, Baroda, Surat and Rajkot, a press statement released late Tuesday said.
It has also fielded a candidate for the Legislative Assembly by-election from Somnath.
SP candidates would also be contesting in Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed