Samajwadi Party fields Lok Sabha candidates in Gujarat
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party (SP) has fielded 10 candidates for the Lok Sabha election in Gujarat.
Party leaders said that other than trying to expand its base across the country, the move is meant to "give it back" to BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi who is also Gujarat`s Chief Minister.
Modi has been eyeing the 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh.
The party has fielded candidates from Banaskantha, Patan, Porbandar, Jamnagar, Junagarh, Kheda, Dahod, Baroda, Surat and Rajkot, a press statement released late Tuesday said.
It has also fielded a candidate for the Legislative Assembly by-election from Somnath.
SP candidates would also be contesting in Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India