Samajwadi Party fields Lok Sabha candidates in Gujarat
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party (SP) has fielded 10 candidates for the Lok Sabha election in Gujarat.
Party leaders said that other than trying to expand its base across the country, the move is meant to "give it back" to BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi who is also Gujarat`s Chief Minister.
Modi has been eyeing the 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh.
The party has fielded candidates from Banaskantha, Patan, Porbandar, Jamnagar, Junagarh, Kheda, Dahod, Baroda, Surat and Rajkot, a press statement released late Tuesday said.
It has also fielded a candidate for the Legislative Assembly by-election from Somnath.
SP candidates would also be contesting in Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America