Sanjay Dutt warms up to Naredra Modi
New Delhi: Political trespassing is not new for the ultimate khalnayak of Bollywood, Sanjay Dutt. The actor met the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Narendra Modi on Monday and, though being an ally of a rival party, Dutt praised the CM for the work he has done for the development of his state.
On a friendly trip to Gujarat on perusal of his friend, Sanjay Dutt decided to pay a visit to the CM’s office, where he appeared very congenial, quite opposite to what a member from a non-ally party would do. He warmly hugged Modi and shook hands with him.
Both were later seen engaged in intense conversation. Also, a powerpoint presentation was made regarding river
front project and other projects undertaken by the state
government, an official press release added.
Speaking to the media after the meet, Sanjay said, “ I have been visiting Gujarat since my childhood days. Many of my friends stay here, and I often come here to visit them. Modi has done fantastic work in Gujarat. There is no denying the fact that the state is seen as an epitome for growth and development in India. It really feels good to be around here and the credit undoubtedly goes to Narendra Modi.”
During the meeting, the `Munnabhai` star suggested that a film city should be set up in the Kutch region, as it is an ideal location for film shootings.
Of late, there have been quite a few Bollywood stars supporting Gujarat, and the most recent one was Amitabh Bachchan. CM Narendra Modi got so overwhelmed by the iconic star’s gesture that he proclaimed him as the ambassador of Gujarat. It landed the Big B in a soup with the Congress condemning him for associating with Modi whose role in the 2002 communal riots is under scanner.
While leaving the CM’s office, Sanjay Dutt said, “By looking at the style of administration of Modi, it’ll be a real pleasure working along with him for the prosperity of all.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert