Sanjiv Bhatt alleges `obfuscation` by state in providing records
Ahmedabad: Suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt on Friday alleged that Gujarat government, with the indulgence of Justice G T Nanavati inquiry commission, resorted to obfuscation in the matter of providing him with intelligence records related to 2002 riots.
"The Commission is requested to kindly apply its mind and see through this exercise in the deliberate obfuscation and instruct the state to separately produce all the 38 documents as ordained by the High Court," Bhatt said in a letter to the panel.
He wrote the letter after receiving an index of documents produced by DGP and additional DGP of Intelligence Bureau, which was forwarded by the Nanavati commission.
"It seems that the state of Gujarat, with the apparent indulgence of this Commission, has once again avoided the production of all the said 38 documents, under one fatuous pretext or the other," Bhatt said.
"It is now incumbent upon this Commission to expressly direct the state to produce all the remaining 38 documents out of the original list of 47 documents as ordered by the High Court of Gujarat," Bhatt said.
On June 17, the inquiry commission probing the 2002 riots had moved the HC which has allowed Bhatt to inspect the intelligence records during the period of riots.
On June 19, court disposed of the commission`s review plea. Earlier, in October 14, 2012, HC had directed the state to provide all the concerned IB documents to Bhatt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price