Sanjiv Bhatt`s bail plea adjourned till Wednesday
Ahmedabad: A sessions court here of Tuesday adjourned the hearing on arrested IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt`s bail plea to Wednesday.
Bhatt was arrested on September 30. The FIR filed against him by constable KC Pant in June alleges that the IPS officer bullied him into signing false affidavits regarding a meeting called by Chief Minister Narendra Modi on February 27, 2002, hours after the Godhra train carnage.
On October 01, Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate BG Doshi rejected the state government`s demand for seven days` police custody. Court had sent him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued