Sanjiv Bhatt`s bail plea adjourned till Wednesday
Ahmedabad: A sessions court here of Tuesday adjourned the hearing on arrested IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt`s bail plea to Wednesday.
Bhatt was arrested on September 30. The FIR filed against him by constable KC Pant in June alleges that the IPS officer bullied him into signing false affidavits regarding a meeting called by Chief Minister Narendra Modi on February 27, 2002, hours after the Godhra train carnage.
On October 01, Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate BG Doshi rejected the state government`s demand for seven days` police custody. Court had sent him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review