Sanjiv Bhatt`s bail plea adjourned till Wednesday
Ahmedabad: A sessions court here of Tuesday adjourned the hearing on arrested IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt`s bail plea to Wednesday.
Bhatt was arrested on September 30. The FIR filed against him by constable KC Pant in June alleges that the IPS officer bullied him into signing false affidavits regarding a meeting called by Chief Minister Narendra Modi on February 27, 2002, hours after the Godhra train carnage.
On October 01, Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate BG Doshi rejected the state government`s demand for seven days` police custody. Court had sent him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown