Sanjiv Bhatt`s bail plea adjourned till Wednesday
Ahmedabad: A sessions court here of Tuesday adjourned the hearing on arrested IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt`s bail plea to Wednesday.
Bhatt was arrested on September 30. The FIR filed against him by constable KC Pant in June alleges that the IPS officer bullied him into signing false affidavits regarding a meeting called by Chief Minister Narendra Modi on February 27, 2002, hours after the Godhra train carnage.
On October 01, Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate BG Doshi rejected the state government`s demand for seven days` police custody. Court had sent him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'