Sardar Sarovar Dam cost to go up, says Gujarat Chief Minister
Vadodara: The cost of Sardar Sarovar Dam across the Narmada river is likely to go up due to the failure of the then UPA Government in granting permission to install radial gates at the dam since 2006, Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel said on Thursday.
The Gujarat government supported by Madhya Pradesh has sought permission to take up Phase-I of construction of the dam`s spillway piers to its full height of 138.62 metres as well as installation of 30 steel radial gates over the Sardar Sarovar Dam, she told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015