SC notice to Modi govt on bail plea of IAS officer
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Thursday issued a
notice to Gujarat government on the bail plea of a senior IAS officer Pradeep Sharma who was allegedly victimised by Chief
Minister Narendra Modi by putting him behind the bars in
various criminal cases filed against him.
A bench headed by Justice Aftab Alam agreed to hear the bail plea of Sharma but refused to grant him interim bail to join family members during Diwali festival.
Sharma, who has been in jail for the last 16 months for
being involved in alleged irregularity in land allotment to
private firms in Kutch district, moved the apex court against
the order of Gujarat High Court which had dismissed his bail
The 1984 batch IAS officer had alleged he is being
targeted by Modi government because his younger brother Kuldip
Sharma, a senior IPS officer in the state, has "unmasked" many
misdeeds of Modi since Godhra riots.
"The petitioner happens to be the younger brother of
Kuldip Sharma who has unmasked many misdeeds of Narendra Modi
and Amit Shah, the ex-Home Minister, since the 2002 Godhra
riots. The two siblings have been very close to each other
right from childhood and share very strong fraternal bonds. In
order to cause prejudice to Kuldip Sharma, the petitioner has
been victimised by Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Amit
Shah," the petition said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested