Search on for lioness that abandoned her two cubs
Vadodara: Forest Department has
intensified its search to locate a lioness which has abandoned
her two three-month-old cubs in Khambhla round in Visavadar
forest range, Assistant Conservator of Forest L M Kandoria
Talking over phone, Kandoria said, "both these
cubs were located in the forest during patrolling by the
the Forest Department staff and were found in the same
locality for the past three days."
On learning about this, R Katara division Forest Range
Officer (DFO) rushed to the spot and made arrangements for
milk and mutton for the cubs. Under the care of a veterinary
doctor, food is being provided to the cubs.
Katara said that the cubs are under
constant care of the veterinary doctor as there are weak.
Sasangir, the nearby forest, is the only abode of Asiatic
lions, he added.
Hunt has been intensified in the forest to locate the
cubs` mother, Katara said adding that the both cubs have been
left in the open area of the forest.
Now they are thinking to set up a cage for keeping
both the cubs in it. This is being done as per the experts`
advice, because lioness could come near the cage in search of
her cubs and they can be reunited," the DFO added.
For the last three days milk mutton is being fed to
these cubs. It was not known as to why the lioness abandoned
her pubs there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what