Search on for Narayan Sai; aide arrested, Bihar ashram raided
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Surat: An ashram in Bihar`s Darbhanga district was raided on Friday by the Gujarat Police in search of self-styled godman Asaram`s absconding son Narayan Sai who is booked in sexual assault case.
The raid was carried by a three-member team of Gujarat Police with the assistance of Bihar Police but couldn`t find him.
Narayan Sai`s aide Dharmesh on Friday was arrested by Delhi Police for allegedly helping him abscond the law. The aide will be produced to a Delhi court and will be taken to Gujarat by the Gujarat Police
Dharmesh was nabbed in Delhi in a joint operation by the Delhi and Gujarat Police.
Also, a local court here on Friday will be hearing the bail plea of Sai in a sexual assault case by two sisters against the father-son duo.
Look-out notice has been issued for Sai. Earlier, Surat Commissioner of Police Rakesh Asthana said that the police will move court for a non-bailable warrant against Sai. Asthana also said that Sai is still in India but is constantly on the move.
Giving two days time to the prosecution to present their argument, Additional sessions judge PP Shah on October 15 adjourned the anticipatory bail plea of Sai.
While the elder sister has accused Asaram of repeated sexual assault when she was living at his Ahmedabad ashram during 1997 to 2006, the younger sister has accused Narayan Sai of same offence when she was living at Asaram`s ashram here between 2002 and 2005.
Both Asaram and Sai have moved the Gujarat High Court to get the complaints by the sisters quashed. Meanwhile, Asaram’s four-day judicial custody will end tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary