Second term for RC Faldu as Gujarat BJP chief
Ahmedabad: Prominent Leuva Patel leader RC Faldu was today unanimously re-elected as Gujarat unit BJP president for the second consecutive term.
"We received only one nomination (Faldu) for the post of the state unit president during the stipulated time so he stands re-elected unanimously," newly-inducted national general secretary Thawar Chand Gehlot said.
A former MLA from Kalavad seat, 55-year-old Faldu had played an important role in spreading awareness about the "anti-farmer" policies of Centre through the `Kisan Hitrakshak Yatra" last year.
Political observers believe the faith reposed in the prominent Leuva Patel leader for the second time fits well in the caste equations in the state ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
Hailing the second consecutive term for Faldu, Chief Minister Narendra Modi tweeted: "Congratulations to R C Faldu on being re-elected Gujarat BJP President. Under his leadership the party will continue to scale new heights."
Party sources said names of office-bearers will be announced in few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!