Security beefed up at Somnath temple: Guj Home Deptt
Ahmedabad: Following the terror alert issued
by the union Home Ministry to the Gujarat state, security has
been beefed up by the state agencies at places like Somnath
"We have arranged a special security cover for Somnath
temple which was the target of terrorists as disclosed by the
two terrorists arrested in the US," state home secretary T S
Bisht said here.
Elaborating on the security cover, he said, "Apart from a
unit of state reserved police (SRP), a commando unit has also
been deployed there with dog squad and sea petrolling has been
launched near the temple at Somnath."
Moreover, all the visitors at the temples are required to
enter through metal detector door frames installed at the main
gates of the temple, he said.
According to Bisht, security has also been beefed up at
private oil refineries at Jamnagar coast.
He said ten marine police stations are operational in the
state and five high speed boats given by the home ministry
have been deployed for round the clock patrolling in Kutch,
Jamnagar, Somnath, Porbandar and Surat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir