Security beefed up at Somnath temple: Guj Home Deptt
Ahmedabad: Following the terror alert issued
by the union Home Ministry to the Gujarat state, security has
been beefed up by the state agencies at places like Somnath
"We have arranged a special security cover for Somnath
temple which was the target of terrorists as disclosed by the
two terrorists arrested in the US," state home secretary T S
Bisht said here.
Elaborating on the security cover, he said, "Apart from a
unit of state reserved police (SRP), a commando unit has also
been deployed there with dog squad and sea petrolling has been
launched near the temple at Somnath."
Moreover, all the visitors at the temples are required to
enter through metal detector door frames installed at the main
gates of the temple, he said.
According to Bisht, security has also been beefed up at
private oil refineries at Jamnagar coast.
He said ten marine police stations are operational in the
state and five high speed boats given by the home ministry
have been deployed for round the clock patrolling in Kutch,
Jamnagar, Somnath, Porbandar and Surat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire