Security beefed up at Somnath temple: Guj Home Deptt
Ahmedabad: Following the terror alert issued
by the union Home Ministry to the Gujarat state, security has
been beefed up by the state agencies at places like Somnath
"We have arranged a special security cover for Somnath
temple which was the target of terrorists as disclosed by the
two terrorists arrested in the US," state home secretary T S
Bisht said here.
Elaborating on the security cover, he said, "Apart from a
unit of state reserved police (SRP), a commando unit has also
been deployed there with dog squad and sea petrolling has been
launched near the temple at Somnath."
Moreover, all the visitors at the temples are required to
enter through metal detector door frames installed at the main
gates of the temple, he said.
According to Bisht, security has also been beefed up at
private oil refineries at Jamnagar coast.
He said ten marine police stations are operational in the
state and five high speed boats given by the home ministry
have been deployed for round the clock patrolling in Kutch,
Jamnagar, Somnath, Porbandar and Surat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?