Security guard killed in Vadodara
Vadodara: A security guard posted on duty at a factory here was allegedly murdered by a group of men, police said on Monday.
The victim, I Vankar, was killed after about six men tried to break into the factory for theft, police said adding that the company manufactures wires, police said.
After killing and decamping with material worth Rs 70,000 from the factory, the assailants fled from the spot in a car, which was later recovered from Manjalpur area on the outskirts of the city, police said adding the assailants left the car on spotting the policemen.
A sharp weapon and the looted material was recovered from the car, police said adding that a search has been launched to nab the accused and further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees