Security stepped up in Gujarat after inputs of terror threat
Ahmedabad: Security in Gujarat has been
beefed up following an alert issued by the central
intelligence agencies about possible terror strike in the
state, police officials said.
"An anonymous letter has been received by intelligence
agencies. The letter which threatens of a bomb blast in
Gujarat on May 25, has been shared with us by the intelligence
agencies of the central government," ADGP (law and order)
Sudhir Sinha said.
"Security has been beefed up at all the sensitive
points in the state. Routine drills, in the wake of such
potential strike threat, are being carried out and checking of
vehicles has begun," he said.
Gujarat, which has been clocking double digit growth, has
been high on the agenda of terror groups trying to create
disturbance in the state.
"Vigilance at places like railway stations, dharmashalas,
hotels and bus stops in Ahmedabad has been intensified,
following an advisory from a central intelligence agency,"
Commissioner of Police Amitabh Pathak said.
"There is nothing to panic about as such and we shall
take care of it," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended