Self-respecting CM would`ve quit: Singhvi on Modi
New Delhi: With Assembly polls in Gujarat
not far away, Congress on Wednesday utilized the High Court decision
on Lokayukta issue to the hilt to target BJP`s poster boy
Narendra Modi saying any self-respecting Chief Minister would
have resigned immediately after the court rebuff.
It also projected Modi as being corrupt saying he opposed
the setting up of Lokayukta in the state to sweep corruption
issues under carpet and drew parallels with former Karnataka
Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, who had to step down due to
corruption cases against him.
"The High Court has severely stricture the Chief
Minister personally. His conduct has been found deviant,
autocratic, defiant and completely unbecoming of any
constitutional authority," party spokesperson Abhishek
Singhvi, who is also an eminent lawyer said.
He said that "any self-respecting CM would
have resigned immediately but we do not expect that to happen
since both respect for Constitutional authority as also the
self respect is missing here."
Taking the argument further, Gujarat PCC chief Arjun
Modwadia said Modi was "more corrupt" than former Karnataka
Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and therefore used "do or die
tactics" to prevent setting up of a Lokayukta in the state.
He alleged that Gujarat has witnessed scams of over Rs
one 1akh crore in the last five years itself.
Alleging that the BJP misled the government, Parliament
and the nation on the issue, Mohan Prakash, AICC in-charge
for Gujarat, said the Opposition party should "apologise to
the nation" and Modi government should step down if it has any
morality left in it.
Welcoming the verdict, Congress general secretary
Digvijay Singh said the order is a jolt to the Chief Minister
and that "many more such jolts will be there for Narendra
Modi". He added, "now everything is becoming clear. Modi, who
is the hero of BJP, himself wants to cover up corruption and
hence did not allow the setting up of a Lokayukta."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi