Sexual assault case: Ahmedabad police question Asaram`s wife, daughter
Ahmedabad: Controversial self-styled godman Asaram Bapu`s wife and daughter were on Sunday questioned by police here in connection with the sexual assault case filed against him by a Surat-based woman.
Asaram`s wife Laxmi and daughter Bharti were today questioned by the Special Investigation Team constituted by Ahmedabad Police at the Anti Terrorist Squad`s office, a police officer said.
The victim, who has accused Asaram of repeated sexual assaults during her stay in Asaram`s ashram here between 1997 and 2006, has said in her complaint that on one occasion Asaram`s wife and daughter had helped him in committing the crime.
The magistrate`s court in Gandhinagar yesterday remanded Asaram in further police custody till October 22 (Tuesday).
The victim`s younger sister has levelled similar allegations against Asaram`s son Narayan Sai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!