Sexual assault case: Asaram`s police custody ends today
Zee Media Bureau
Gandhinagar: Controversial godman Asaram Bapu, who is facing charges of sexual assault, will be produced before a local court as his police custody ends on Tuesday.
Both Asaram and his son Narayan Sai have both been accused in a sexual assault case by two Surat-based sisters.
Narayan Sai has been on the run despite a lookout notice against him.
In a big setback for the self-styled godman Asaram, his long time cook yesterday agreed to turn approver against him.
The development came hours after Supreme Court refused to restrain media from reporting cases of sexual assault filed against him and his absconding son Narayan Sai.
However, the apex court cautioned the media to responsibly report criminal cases involving the godman and his son. The apex court also directed the media to avoid sensationalising and present facts related to the cases involving the godman and his family members.
The apex court passed the order in response to a plea moved by the godman seeking a Supreme Court ban on media reporting cases against him and his son.
The Surat-based woman, who has accused controversial godman Asaram of repeated sexual assaults when she was living at his Ashram, allegedly told the police that some other women, similarly exploited, used to be taken to hospital for abortion.
While the woman has accused Asaram of sexual assaults, her younger sister has levelled similar allegations against his son, Narayan Sai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi