Sexual assault case: Asaram`s police custody ends today
Zee Media Bureau
Gandhinagar: Controversial godman Asaram Bapu, who is facing charges of sexual assault, will be produced before a local court as his police custody ends on Tuesday.
Both Asaram and his son Narayan Sai have both been accused in a sexual assault case by two Surat-based sisters.
Narayan Sai has been on the run despite a lookout notice against him.
In a big setback for the self-styled godman Asaram, his long time cook yesterday agreed to turn approver against him.
The development came hours after Supreme Court refused to restrain media from reporting cases of sexual assault filed against him and his absconding son Narayan Sai.
However, the apex court cautioned the media to responsibly report criminal cases involving the godman and his son. The apex court also directed the media to avoid sensationalising and present facts related to the cases involving the godman and his family members.
The apex court passed the order in response to a plea moved by the godman seeking a Supreme Court ban on media reporting cases against him and his son.
The Surat-based woman, who has accused controversial godman Asaram of repeated sexual assaults when she was living at his Ashram, allegedly told the police that some other women, similarly exploited, used to be taken to hospital for abortion.
While the woman has accused Asaram of sexual assaults, her younger sister has levelled similar allegations against his son, Narayan Sai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...