Sexual assault case: Asaram`s police custody ends today
Zee Media Bureau
Gandhinagar: Controversial godman Asaram Bapu, who is facing charges of sexual assault, will be produced before a local court as his police custody ends on Tuesday.
Both Asaram and his son Narayan Sai have both been accused in a sexual assault case by two Surat-based sisters.
Narayan Sai has been on the run despite a lookout notice against him.
In a big setback for the self-styled godman Asaram, his long time cook yesterday agreed to turn approver against him.
The development came hours after Supreme Court refused to restrain media from reporting cases of sexual assault filed against him and his absconding son Narayan Sai.
However, the apex court cautioned the media to responsibly report criminal cases involving the godman and his son. The apex court also directed the media to avoid sensationalising and present facts related to the cases involving the godman and his family members.
The apex court passed the order in response to a plea moved by the godman seeking a Supreme Court ban on media reporting cases against him and his son.
The Surat-based woman, who has accused controversial godman Asaram of repeated sexual assaults when she was living at his Ashram, allegedly told the police that some other women, similarly exploited, used to be taken to hospital for abortion.
While the woman has accused Asaram of sexual assaults, her younger sister has levelled similar allegations against his son, Narayan Sai.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference