‘Shah pressurized Johri on fake shootout probe`
Ahmedabad: Senior IPS officer Geetha
Johri, who was supervising the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
encounter case, was under "tremendous" pressure from former
Gujarat minister Amit Shah following which she herself
recommended a CBI probe into the 2005 episode, the
investigating agency has said.
CBI said this in a supplementary charge sheet filed
today in its special court here against Shah and another
accused, Rajendra Jeerawala, owner of Arham farmhouse where
Sheikh and his wife Kausar Bi were illegally detained by
Gujarat Police before being killed.
"There is documentary evidence on record that Johri,
the then IG (State CID), was under tremendous pressure to
tamper with evidence and influence witnesses," it said.
The charge sheet quoted a file noting by Johri dated
May 22, 2007, which said, "There is a systematic efforts on
part of certain agencies, including the police to tamper with
the witnesses and evidences..."
"Under the circumstances it is not possible for the
SIT (formed by Supreme Court to probe the case) to meet the
deadline of the SC and the directions given by it...", the CBI
document quoted the filed noting.
"The government may please be therefore moved to hand
over the case to CBI for the purpose of meting out justice to
the petitioners and maintain the image of Gujarat Police,"
said the file noting by Johri, Gujarat first woman IPS
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog