`Shah tasked sr cops to kill Sohrabuddin`
Ahmedabad: Arrested former Gujarat minister
of state for Home Amit Shah had entrusted the job of
eliminating Sohrabuddin Sheikh to three senior IPS officers,
the chargesheet filed by CBI in a court here said.
According to the chargesheet filed in a special court on
July 23, "elimination of Sohrabuddin was being used for
extortion by the accused persons to establish an element of
fear in the minds of the businessmen and others."
The accused persons from Rajasthan Police participated in
the conspiracy because Sohrabuddin was terrorising the marble
lobby in the neighbouring state, the CBI said.
Shah entrusted the job to IPS officers D G Vanzara,
Rajkumar Pandiyan and Abhay Chudasama, former DCP of Ahmedabad
city Crime Branch. The BJP leader, who resigned as minister
last week, was in constant touch over telephone with Vanzara
when Sohrabuddin and his wife were in the custody of Gujarat
Police, CBI said.
It said a probe into the role of former Gujarat police
officer N K Amin, one of the accused who has turned approver,
revealed that he was in constant touch with Shah, on phone.
"He (Amin) made/received as many as 25 calls from/to Shah
between November 21, 2005 and November 30, 2005," it said.
The CBI probe further disclosed that in early November
2005, one Tulsiram Prajapati was contacted by accused
Abhay Chudasama (former DCP of Ahmedabad city Crime Branch)
and produced before Vanzara who asked him to make Sohrabuddin
available before him as there was "a lot of political
Prajapati, killed in a police "encounter" in December
2006, was assured that (his friend) Sohrabuddin would get a
safe passage and at the most would be put in jail for 3-4
months. No physical harm would be done to Sohrabuddin, it
"Having got the assurance from Vanzara, Prajapati helped
Chudasama in tracking Sohrabuddin."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda