Sharad Pawar in Gujarat to review drought situation
Ahmedabad: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, who arrived here on Thursday to review the drought situation in Gujarat, assured that the issue would not be politicised.
"Drought is an issue concerning people of the state, there will not be any politics over it," said Pawar, who arrived here with Minister of Rural Development Jairam Ramesh, who is a member of Empowered Group of Ministers (EGOM) on drought, led by Pawar.
"Tomorrow we will have a meeting with Gujarat Chief Minister. We will collect all the relevant details, data on present situation," Pawar said.
In the evening, Pawar met a Congress delegation led by Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhvadia at the residence of Leader of Opposition in Assembly, Shaktisinh Gohil. Congress leaders Shankarsinh Vaghela and Sidhharth Patel were also present.
"Situation has worsened because of the mismanagement by the state government. But Central government should consider all demands of the state government very liberally and release the funds on compassionate grounds," said the Congress representation to the Central team.
When asked for a comment on this representation, Pawar said that handling of the drought situation fell in the purview of the state government, and Central government will support the state in every possible way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing