Sharad Pawar in Gujarat to review drought situation
Ahmedabad: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, who arrived here on Thursday to review the drought situation in Gujarat, assured that the issue would not be politicised.
"Drought is an issue concerning people of the state, there will not be any politics over it," said Pawar, who arrived here with Minister of Rural Development Jairam Ramesh, who is a member of Empowered Group of Ministers (EGOM) on drought, led by Pawar.
"Tomorrow we will have a meeting with Gujarat Chief Minister. We will collect all the relevant details, data on present situation," Pawar said.
In the evening, Pawar met a Congress delegation led by Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhvadia at the residence of Leader of Opposition in Assembly, Shaktisinh Gohil. Congress leaders Shankarsinh Vaghela and Sidhharth Patel were also present.
"Situation has worsened because of the mismanagement by the state government. But Central government should consider all demands of the state government very liberally and release the funds on compassionate grounds," said the Congress representation to the Central team.
When asked for a comment on this representation, Pawar said that handling of the drought situation fell in the purview of the state government, and Central government will support the state in every possible way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi