Sharma to move HC seeking FIR against Modi in snooping scandal
Ahmedabad: Suspended Gujarat IPS officer Pradeep Sharma today said he was going to move the High Court seeking a direction to the police to file an FIR against the Chief Minister Narendra Modi, in connection with the alleged illegal surveillance on a young woman architect by state agencies.
"After the refusal of the state police to register an FIR, a petition for the direction of the High Court will be filed," Sharma said.
Sector 7 police station in the state capital Gandhinagar had refused to register the FIR when Sharma approached it.
His lawyer said that the petition was likely to be filed next week. "As per the recent judgement of the Supreme Court, police can not refuse to lodge a complaint," according to Sharma.
Sharma had also approached Gujarat Director General of Police P C Thakur and Gandhinagar Superintendent of Police Sharad Singhal, seeking that they direct the police to file the FIR, but drew a blank.
Investigative portals Cobrapost.Com and Gulail.Com had claimed on the basis of some taped conversations that former Minister of State for Home and Modi`s close confidante Amit Shah had ordered illegal surveillance on the young woman at the behest of one "Saheb" in 2009.
Sharma is facing six criminal cases in Gujarat. The 1984-batch IAS officer has claimed he is being victimised by the BJP government for his knowledge of the "intimacy" between Modi and the young woman.
Gujarat government appointed a two-member commission led by retired justice Sugnaben Bhatt on November 26 to conduct inquiry into the alleged snooping after the allegations surfaced. Its report is yet to come.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note