Shutdown in Vadodara to support Hazare`s campaign
Vadodara: A call for a bandh in the city in
support of social activist Anna Hazare`s fight against
corruption on Friday was well received.
Most of the shops and business establishments in Vadodara
remaining closed for the day.
About 80 trading and business bodies, NGOS, social
activists, advocates and members belonging to academic
communities and medical fraternity have supported the call for
bandh, claimed Paresh Shah, an activist.
The bandh call was given by the city based India Against
Corruption (IAC), a body formed by several activists, in
support of Hazare`s campaign against corruption and also to
protest the non-appointment of a Lokayukta by the Gujarat
government, IAC conveners Dilip Mehta and Hitesh Rawal said.
Meanwhile, the Baroda Bar Association (BBA) has given a
call to keep the courts closed for an indefinite period in
support of Hazare`s cause, BBA president Ranjit Rathod.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!