`SIB rejects conspiracy angle in Godhra case`
Ahmedabad: Analysis by State Intelligence
Bureau (SIB) of phone call records during 2002 riots of certain high dignitaries including Chief Minister Narendra Modi has demolished the conspiracy theory behind Godhra train
burning incident, suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt said here
In a letter to SIT chairman R K Raghavan, Bhatt has also
reiterated his request for getting his statement recorded
before a magistrate under the provisions of Section 164(1) of
the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC).
"I had provided additional facts to the SIT about the
role and conduct of the Chief Minister Narendra Modi in
propounding and propagating the `Conspiracy Theory` during a
meeting on March 1, 2002," Bhatt stated in his letter.
He said as DCP in-charge of Internal Security at SIB,
he had obtained all the phone call records for various areas
in Gujarat, including Godhra Town, for 26th and 27th
February 2002; as well as of certain high dignitaries
including the Chief Minister for 27th and 28th February 2002.
"I had analysed the said call-records and also interacted
with certain eyewitnesses and sources, in an attempt to
understand the real nature of events that led to the incident
of burning of the S-6 Coach of the Sabarmati Express near
Godhra," Bhatt said.
"The said analysis and research was internally
documented in SIB as "Godhra Incident of 27/02/2002-An
Intelligence Analysis", completely demolished the so-called
`Conspiracy Theory` and brought out the real nature of events
that had led to the incident," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth