`SIB rejects conspiracy angle in Godhra case`
Ahmedabad: Analysis by State Intelligence
Bureau (SIB) of phone call records during 2002 riots of certain high dignitaries including Chief Minister Narendra Modi has demolished the conspiracy theory behind Godhra train
burning incident, suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt said here
In a letter to SIT chairman R K Raghavan, Bhatt has also
reiterated his request for getting his statement recorded
before a magistrate under the provisions of Section 164(1) of
the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC).
"I had provided additional facts to the SIT about the
role and conduct of the Chief Minister Narendra Modi in
propounding and propagating the `Conspiracy Theory` during a
meeting on March 1, 2002," Bhatt stated in his letter.
He said as DCP in-charge of Internal Security at SIB,
he had obtained all the phone call records for various areas
in Gujarat, including Godhra Town, for 26th and 27th
February 2002; as well as of certain high dignitaries
including the Chief Minister for 27th and 28th February 2002.
"I had analysed the said call-records and also interacted
with certain eyewitnesses and sources, in an attempt to
understand the real nature of events that led to the incident
of burning of the S-6 Coach of the Sabarmati Express near
Godhra," Bhatt said.
"The said analysis and research was internally
documented in SIB as "Godhra Incident of 27/02/2002-An
Intelligence Analysis", completely demolished the so-called
`Conspiracy Theory` and brought out the real nature of events
that had led to the incident," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen