Singapore delegation meets Modi
Ahmedabad: A business delegation from Singapore on Thursday called on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
The 11-member delegation, led by Singapore`s External Affairs and Law Minister K Shanmugam, showed interest in GIFT (a proposed international financial services hub), Dholera SIR, and other investment regions, an official release said.
Modi told the delegation that Gujarat offered opportunities in the fields of low-cost housing, water management and human resource development.
He also invited Singapore government and companies to take part in the coming Vibrant Gujarat Global Investor`s Summit-2013, a biennial trade promotion event.
Shanmugam assured of his country`s participation.
Govt labs to certify imported telecom equipment
New Delhi: To address security concerns, the government has decided to set up testing labs in the country to certify all imported telecom equipment.
"The government has mandated that by 2013, testing labs will be set up within India," Telecom Commission Member (Technology) J K Roy told reporters on the sidelines of an event here.
At present, testing is done outside the country as India lacks testing facilities.
Around 80-90 per cent of telecom equipment is imported and it raises security concerns of any possible spyware and malware attacks, he added.
Due to the security risk involved, the government had made testing and certification of software and hardware of all foreign telecom companies mandatory.
On being asked about the steps taken by the government to check hacking from foreign countries like China, Roy said the problem is complex and it cannot be solved in one shot.
"The government is thinking of various steps," he added.
The Centre is also mulling a new set up including legal provisions to enable law enforcement agencies to seek real-time information of telecommunication exchanges.
The Department of Telecom (DoT) has proposed a new set of security guidelines for the sector which advocate creating a conducive environment for law enforcement agencies and allowing them to access real-time information of exchange of messages, data and calls made by users as well track their location "in the case of need".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed