SIT asked to submit copy of Gulberg report
Ahmedabad: The special court which is
hearing the Gulburg society riot case has asked the special
investigation team to submit a copy of its final report in the
case, as and when the report is submitted to the magisterial
The order was issued yesterday by Special Judge BJ
Dhandha, while hearing application of some of the riot victims
who have demanded stay to court proceeding till the submission
of the report by the SIT in trial court.
Last month, the SIT had told the court that it would
submit its reports to the appropriate magisterial court, as
directed by Supreme Court.
The statement was made by investigating officer
Himanshu Shukla, during hearing on an application of riot
victims seeking directions for SIT to submit all its reports
related to Gulburg case before the special court here.
The victims` lawyer, SM Vora, argued that SIT was not
saying when it would submit the report to the magistrate.
Hearing on Vora`s plea would be held on November 14.
The Supreme Court, on September 12, had refused to pass
any order on application filed by Zakia Jaffery alleging
inaction on the part of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi
during the 2002 Gujarat riots. SC had referred the matter to
the concerned magistrate in Ahmedabad for the decision.
The apex court had also directed the Chairman, SIT to
forward the final report, along with the entire material
collected, to the magisterial court.
In the Gulburg society incident, 69 persons including
former MP Ehsan Jaffery had been killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore