SIT asked to submit copy of Gulberg report
Ahmedabad: The special court which is
hearing the Gulburg society riot case has asked the special
investigation team to submit a copy of its final report in the
case, as and when the report is submitted to the magisterial
The order was issued yesterday by Special Judge BJ
Dhandha, while hearing application of some of the riot victims
who have demanded stay to court proceeding till the submission
of the report by the SIT in trial court.
Last month, the SIT had told the court that it would
submit its reports to the appropriate magisterial court, as
directed by Supreme Court.
The statement was made by investigating officer
Himanshu Shukla, during hearing on an application of riot
victims seeking directions for SIT to submit all its reports
related to Gulburg case before the special court here.
The victims` lawyer, SM Vora, argued that SIT was not
saying when it would submit the report to the magistrate.
Hearing on Vora`s plea would be held on November 14.
The Supreme Court, on September 12, had refused to pass
any order on application filed by Zakia Jaffery alleging
inaction on the part of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi
during the 2002 Gujarat riots. SC had referred the matter to
the concerned magistrate in Ahmedabad for the decision.
The apex court had also directed the Chairman, SIT to
forward the final report, along with the entire material
collected, to the magisterial court.
In the Gulburg society incident, 69 persons including
former MP Ehsan Jaffery had been killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town