SIT chief parries questions on Modi`s claim over quizzing date
Ahmedabad: Special Investigation Team chief RK Raghavan on Sunday parried questions on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s claim that he had not been asked to
appear before it on March 21 specifically after he failed to turn up for questioning that day.
When asked to comment on the confusion over the date, Raghavan said, "that is a history, I do not like to go into history but like to go forward".
On March 11, the SIT had said that Modi will be questioned on March 21. However, he did not turn up at the SIT office. A day later, Modi, in an open letter, claimed that he
was not called by the Supreme Court appointed SIT on that date.
In reply to a question on whether they had issued a summon or a notice to the chief minister, Raghavan said "that is also a history, he came, appeared that`s all".
"It is a direction of the Supreme Court. Whatever the Supreme Court says is law," Raghavan said when he was asked whether they had called Modi for questioning under CrPC.
Modi was called for questioning yesterday in a
complaint by Zakia Jaffery, wife of ex-MP Eshan Jaffery who
was killed in 2002 Gulburg society riot case along with 69
Modi`s questioning continued for more than nine hours
in two sessions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17