SIT interrogates ex-VHP leader Jaydeep Patel in 2002 riot case
Ahmedabad: The Special Investigation Team
(SIT), probing riot cases, on Friday interrogated former VHP
General Secretary Jaydeep Patel, an accused in the Naroda Gam
case of 2002 riots.
Patel, who is presently out on bail, was questioned for
nearly three hours in connection with his statements recorded
earlier by the SIT officials at its office in old secretariat
campus in Gandhinagar.
"I was called for questioning in connection with my
statements recorded earlier," Patel told agency.
"They had some queries with regard to my statements so
they had called for clarification. This is not the first time
I have been called. I have come number of times whenever I was
called," he said.
Patel along with former minister Maya Kodnani, had
surrendered before the Supreme Court-appointed SIT after their
anticipatory bails, granted by a lower court, was cancelled by
the Gujarat High Court on March 27, 2009.
Patel is accused of instigating and leading a mob along
with Kodnani which killed 11 people of minority community in
Naroda Gam area of the city on February 28, 2002.
He is presently not associated with the VHP and is out on
bail as the trial in the case was in progress.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living