SIT resisting evidence against cops: Riot victims
Ahmedabad: Victims and witnesses of the 2002 Gulberg Society massacre alleged on Friday in an affidavit before the Gujarat High Court that the special investigation team has been resisting evidence against police officers to be brought on record, and expressed suspicions about the SIT`s motives.
Sairaben Sandhi, a victim and one of Gulberg Society massacre`s prime witnesses, today filed an affidavit in the Gujarat High Court opposing the SIT`s petition challenging the trial court order.
The SIT had sought a direction from the high court to restrain the trial court taking cognisance of all reports and documents related to further investigation related to some senior police officers whom the victims have demanded to be arraigned as accused in the Gulberg Society case.
Judge BJ Dhandha had directed the SIT to produce relevant reports and documents pertaining to alleged criminal negligence of former Joint Commissioner of Police M K Tandon and former DCP PB Gondia from the final report it had filed in the magisterial court, related to Zakia Jafri`s complaint.
Sandhi also alleged that though the SIT never objected to these documents being brought on record until May 23, all of a sudden, it filed an application praying for reports and documents already submitted before court, to be not taken into cognisance.
Though the designated court has refused to review its previous order, it has agreed not to take cognisance of the reports and documents, until the SIT gets a clear order from the Gujarat High Court.
The Gujarat High Court will now hear the case on November 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof