SIT summons former BJP General Secretary for 2002 riots case
Ahmedabad: The Supreme Court appointed special investigation team (SIT) has summoned former BJP General Secretary Nalin Bhatt in connection with the 2002
Gulburg society riots case.
"I have been asked to appear before SIT tomorrow as I was the general secretary of BJP during the 2002 riots," Bhatt told a news agency.
Zakia, whose husband, former MP Ehsan Jaffrey was killed during the 2002 riots in Gulburg society along with 69 others has alleged that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, his cabinet colleagues, police officials and senior bureaucrats aided and abetted post-Godhra riots.
In her complaint she had named 63 persons including Modi alleging that they were responsible for riots in Gujarat.
Bhatt`s name also appears in the list submitted by Zakia before the SIT. "As general secretary of BJP in 2002, I had filed affidavit before the Nanavati Commission probing the post-Godhra riots. The Commission had also questioned me for over four hours with regards to the riots," he said.
The SIT has also summoned Modi to appear before it for
questioning on March 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores