SIT summons former BJP General Secretary for 2002 riots case
Ahmedabad: The Supreme Court appointed special investigation team (SIT) has summoned former BJP General Secretary Nalin Bhatt in connection with the 2002
Gulburg society riots case.
"I have been asked to appear before SIT tomorrow as I was the general secretary of BJP during the 2002 riots," Bhatt told a news agency.
Zakia, whose husband, former MP Ehsan Jaffrey was killed during the 2002 riots in Gulburg society along with 69 others has alleged that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, his cabinet colleagues, police officials and senior bureaucrats aided and abetted post-Godhra riots.
In her complaint she had named 63 persons including Modi alleging that they were responsible for riots in Gujarat.
Bhatt`s name also appears in the list submitted by Zakia before the SIT. "As general secretary of BJP in 2002, I had filed affidavit before the Nanavati Commission probing the post-Godhra riots. The Commission had also questioned me for over four hours with regards to the riots," he said.
The SIT has also summoned Modi to appear before it for
questioning on March 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city