SIT summons former BJP General Secretary for 2002 riots case
Ahmedabad: The Supreme Court appointed special investigation team (SIT) has summoned former BJP General Secretary Nalin Bhatt in connection with the 2002
Gulburg society riots case.
"I have been asked to appear before SIT tomorrow as I was the general secretary of BJP during the 2002 riots," Bhatt told a news agency.
Zakia, whose husband, former MP Ehsan Jaffrey was killed during the 2002 riots in Gulburg society along with 69 others has alleged that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, his cabinet colleagues, police officials and senior bureaucrats aided and abetted post-Godhra riots.
In her complaint she had named 63 persons including Modi alleging that they were responsible for riots in Gujarat.
Bhatt`s name also appears in the list submitted by Zakia before the SIT. "As general secretary of BJP in 2002, I had filed affidavit before the Nanavati Commission probing the post-Godhra riots. The Commission had also questioned me for over four hours with regards to the riots," he said.
The SIT has also summoned Modi to appear before it for
questioning on March 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?