SIT summons Gordhan Zadaphia for questioning on Monday
Ahmedabad: Gujarat`s former junior home minister Gordhan Zadaphia, who parted ways with Chief Minister Narendra Modi, has been summoned for questioning on Monday by the Supreme Court appointed SIT investigating some of the 2002 riot cases afresh.
Zadaphia, who was minister of state for home during the
post-Godhra riots, has been asked to remain present for
questioning on Monday, officials associated with the Special
Investigation Team (SIT) said tonight.
This will be the fifth time that Zadaphia will be
questioned by the SIT in connection with the 2002 riots in
little over a year. He was first quizzed by the SIT in June
Zadaphia had parted ways with the BJP before the 2007
state Assembly elections and had later formed his own outfit
`Maha Gujarat Janta Party`.
His name figures as in the complaint filed by Zakia
Jaffery, wife of slain former Congress MP Eshan Jaffery killed
in the Gulburg society riots.
The Supreme Court has asked the SIT to probe Jaffrey`s
complaint in which Modi`s name also appears. SIT has
earlier questioned Modi for over nine hours in one day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie