SIT summons Gordhan Zadaphia for questioning on Monday
Ahmedabad: Gujarat`s former junior home minister Gordhan Zadaphia, who parted ways with Chief Minister Narendra Modi, has been summoned for questioning on Monday by
the Supreme Court appointed SIT investigating some of the 2002 riot cases afresh.
Zadaphia, who was minister of state for home during the post-Godhra riots, has been asked to remain present for questioning on Monday, officials associated with the Special
Investigation Team (SIT) said tonight. This will be the fifth time that Zadaphia will be
questioned by the SIT in connection with the 2002 riots in little over a year. He was first quizzed by the SIT in June 2009.
Zadaphia had parted ways with the BJP before the 2007 state Assembly elections and had later formed his own outfit `Maha Gujarat Janta Party`. His name figures as in the complaint filed by Zakia Jaffery, wife of slain former Congress MP Eshan Jaffery killed
in the Gulburg society riots.
The Supreme Court has asked the SIT to probe Jaffrey`s complaint in which Modi`s name also appears. SIT has earlier questioned Modi for over nine hours in one day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics