SIT summons Gordhan Zadaphia for questioning on Monday
Ahmedabad: Gujarat`s former junior home minister Gordhan Zadaphia, who parted ways with Chief Minister Narendra Modi, has been summoned for questioning on Monday by
the Supreme Court appointed SIT investigating some of the 2002 riot cases afresh.
Zadaphia, who was minister of state for home during the post-Godhra riots, has been asked to remain present for questioning on Monday, officials associated with the Special
Investigation Team (SIT) said tonight. This will be the fifth time that Zadaphia will be
questioned by the SIT in connection with the 2002 riots in little over a year. He was first quizzed by the SIT in June 2009.
Zadaphia had parted ways with the BJP before the 2007 state Assembly elections and had later formed his own outfit `Maha Gujarat Janta Party`. His name figures as in the complaint filed by Zakia Jaffery, wife of slain former Congress MP Eshan Jaffery killed
in the Gulburg society riots.
The Supreme Court has asked the SIT to probe Jaffrey`s complaint in which Modi`s name also appears. SIT has earlier questioned Modi for over nine hours in one day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand