SIT tried to undermine credibility of my fax messages: Bhatt
Ahmedabad: Suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt on Wednesday alleged that SIT, in its report, made overzealous efforts to undermine the credibility of the fax alert messages sent by him when he was in the state intelligence bureau during the 2002 Gujarat riots.
In a letter to SIT chief R K Raghavan today, Bhatt contested the findings of investigating team that the two fax messages, sent by him on February 27 and 28, 2002, were fabricated.
"The oral and documentary evidence on record would therefore conclusively prove that these fax messages now produced by Shri Bhatt have been fabricated, subsequently with an ulterior motive, and have been produced for the first time before the Nanavati Commission of Inquiry and subsequently before SIT in January 2012. No reliance can, therefore be placed upon both these fax," SIT had said.
According to Bhatt, he had sent the first message on the night of February 27, 2002, after the meeting at the residence of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, to Ahmedabad police commissioner, warning him of large-scale mobilisation of VHP-BJP workers.
The second message was regarding threat to the life of former Congress MP Eshan Jaffery, which was sent on February 28, 2002.
Bhatt, in the letter, refuted SIT`s allegations saying that all the excuses put forward by the agency were false and were an attempt to mislead the court.
"It has been my longstanding apprehension that Government of Gujarat has been selectively destroying potentially incriminating documents with the tacit blessings of the SIT," Bhatt said in the letter.
"It has now become increasingly clear that agencies and
offices working under the control of the State Government of Gujarat have conspired to selectively destroy potentially incriminating documents and records pertaining to the Gujarat Carnage of 2002," the letter claimed.
Despite repeated requests, SIT did not make any fruitful efforts for the production and preservation of crucial and relevant records and thereby facilitated the process of destruction of very vital evidence, Bhatt further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced